Saturday 16 June 2012

Postcard No. 2

Last summer I had so much going on - with there being a wedding, popping up to Sheffield, visiting relatives in Germany, going to Greece and California - that you're probably left thinking I had fallen at my feet with this postcard project! Well, all I can say is, it was bloody hard trying to find the time to crack on with making those six postcards with all that whizzing around. Not that I'm complaining... that summer break was probably one of the best I've ever had and I won't be wanting to forget it in a hurry. But now looking back, I'm left in a bit of a haze as to what order everything happened and that goes for the postcards too. I think this was the second one...

Postcard No. 2, summer 2011
Here I decided to make a travel journal in the form of a hardcover (case binding) single-signature sketchbook for my trip to Greece. It is kind of like a scrapbook as it doesn't really consist of any final/finished images. I mainly just wanted to experiment with combining various techniques, such as image transfer, collage and mono-print, using found and drawn imagery from that holiday. Not every page was a success but then, what would be the use of experimentating?

To judge the rest for yourself, feel free to check out all the pages here!

No comments:

Post a Comment